Wednesday, April 29, 2015

What if...
...I had my own house
...my son wasn't sick
...I lived in Washington
...I could take a nap after school
…I had eaten breakfast
...I wasn't thirsty
...it was snowing
...the United States fell
...my meeting tomorrow got cancelled
...my children were going to be with me tonight
…the transmission went out of my car
...I owned a double bass pedal
...the house was clean when I got home
...The Doctor was real
...I could fly
...the earth quit rotating
…the sun went supernova tomorrow
...I couldn't find my house key
…The dishwasher broke

What if I owned my own home? Well, my life would be completely different. I wouldn't have the stress of sleep due to loud roomates. I could freely decorate and remodel my home to my liking. I could build a garden. I wouldn't have to deal with the wasp infestation in my current home, and therefore not have to fear for my life in my own home. I wouldn't be able to miss rent. I wouldn't have the support of my roommate to help me out when I fall short. I could designate a room for my drums and not have to tear them down and set them up everytime I want to play. I would have way less dishes to do. I think overall, I would be so much happier. It would relieve so many stresses and give me a sense of privacy and independence that I reallly need right now. It has been difficult living with the roommates that I do. They have the opposite schedule of my family and are complete slobs. I hate my current living conditions. I have way too many people and furniture under one roof. There is absolutely no sense of personal space. I believe my children would also be happier. They wouldn't have to share a room and would have their own personal space. I could also have a place to send them when I no longer want
them playing in the living area. I could have a quiet place to study, and therefore do better in school. I wouldn't have to worry about anyone's mess but my children and I's. I wouldn't have to try to be quiet in the mornings while getting my kids ready for school. I wouldn't have to worry about other people eating my food, and so I could save a little money. I could take more pride in the place that I live. I could relax better when I was at home. I think that not having my own home has been a huge burden and stressor on my life. To the point that it is causing me health damage, which is not okay. It makes me miserable and sick most of the time. Living with my roommates has also ruined our friendship, which makes me sad. I have gotten to the point that not only do I despise her as a house mate, but I don't much like her as a person anymore either. I think the same has happened with her in regards to me.

What if I had a double bass pedal? I have been wanting a double bass pedal for my drum kit since the day I bought it. I feel limited with just the one pedal in so many ways. Most of which, is the types of music that I can play. My real passion is to play the heavier sides of metal, especially death metal. This desire is simply not feasible without the double bass pedal. There is only so fast that I can move my one foot, and death metal generally requires a speedy and complicated drum line. Lots of double bass. I believe owning a double bass pedal would make me a much happier and diverse musician. I could play around with new beats, and it would open many musical doors for me. It would also help me getinto a band that I would enjoy a lot more. I want to play in a death metal band, but no one will take me without the kit to back it up. It's been quite a struggle for me. Music is a huge part of my everyday life. It's crazy how much one small item could change my life. Silly really.

What if my car broke down? That would throw my entire world for a loop. I have three children all of which I have to drive to school, daycare, karate, and back home five days a week. I also have to get myself to school and back each day. My partner needs the car to get himself to work and back each day. Something as simple as not having a working vehicle would turn our world upside down. Luckily, we have insurance that would cover a rental car. So, we would still be able to do all the driving we normally do. It would, however, affect our financial situation. My family lives on a tight budget from paycheck to paycheck at the moment. So, If we had to fork out any extra money on fixing the car, things would become even tighter around the house. I would have to go without buying the "fun Foods" for a little while. I wouldn't be able to spend money on things like leisurely activity or out of home meals. It would be tough for a little while, but we would manage and get through it okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment