Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Be the Good. I believe everyone should strive to be the good they would like to see in the world. Be the helping hand. Be the shoulder to cry on. Be the humanitarian. Be the optimist. Be theenvironmentalist. Be all the good that you wish to see happen every single day. If everyone would do so, the world could be an amazing place. From large acts like starting a community garden, to small acts like holding the door for someone or helping them unload their groceries. If you have the financial ability, pay for the person behind you in the drive through. Give someone in need something you may not use or need anymore. Cook a meal for someone who is sick. Pick up the litter you would normally drive right past. Teach your children to be the good in the world. Teach them to see past their own needs, and into the needs of others. Have compassion. Don't be quick to judge. Offer to take your neighbor's recycling to the recycling center with yours. Start community recycling. Share from your garden. There are so many small things a person can do to make a big impact. Strive to be the reason a fellow human being smiles. I believe that one of the best gifts you can give someone is a smile.

If I could be any Crayola color, I would be forest green. It reminds me of something earthy and comfortable. I absolutely love nature, hiking, and the outdoors; all things this color reminds me of. I feel it is a calming color. A non abbraisive color. pleasing to the soul. I would like to aspire to be the same. A person others feel comfortable around, that is viewed as grounded and centered. It also reminds me of the moss in Washington. Something I miss very dearly, something that will easily grow on you if you stand still for just a little too long. I don't know, I'm honestly just kind of rambling now and don't know what to write. I lived in Arizona for a good portion of my childhood. Deep woodsy greens were not something I got to see very often, so I kind of held the color in reverence. I longed for trees, moss, grass, shrubbery, just anything that showed the presence of life that the color of green so often does. I found the desert gorgeous in it's own ways, but it lacked the life of the color green.

No comments:

Post a Comment