Wednesday, April 29, 2015

The first time that I ever picked up a drum kit, I was at a party and heavily intoxicated. It was the most amazing feeling that I have ever had, second only to the first sight of my children. The feeling was primal, natural. It just felt right. I picked up beats easy. There was an experienced drummer there at the party with me who helped to teach me simple beats that night. From that moment forward, I haven't been able to go a day without playing the drums. They are my mental outlet, my physical workout, my exaltation if you will. Nothing can compare to the feeling of letting myself go on a set of drums. I love it. I can't believe that I hadn't started sooner. It felt like I found a piece of my soul that had always been missing up until that point. I would encourage all to find that special "piece of their soul". Whether it be an instrument, a craft, a career. Just something that touches and motivates them in a way that nothing else can. I am stuck, I don't know what to say. I am going to type until I think of something. Anthropology! I have recently discovered that I am deeply interested in anthropology. It absolutely fascinates me. All of the different facets of human existence. It’s the study of who I am, who we all are, why we are the way that we are, and how we have gotten there. I hope to go on summer trips with different anthropology groups to various parts of the world. I think that would be amazing. To see all the wonders and beauty this planet has to offer. I only with that I had a longer life in order to see more. I will just have to make the best of what time I do have. See all that I can see. Experience as much as I can. I hope to never quit adventuring. I have never been very fond of staying in one place for very long. I want to spend as much time in this life traveling as my schedule and responsibilities allow.

I have recently discovered that I am deeply interested in anthropology. I have always found the topic interesting, but didn't realize how much it intrigued me until I started taking an introduction to anthropology class. I was able to learn all of the different types of anthropology that are out there, and that the topic covered more than I could ever have imagined. My professor is very laid back, and often our classes consist of just discussing different topics. We rarely crack open a textbook or have to watch a power point presentation, and I like that. It helps to keep me interested in the less fun topics, and gives me the opportunity to debate. I love to debate controversial topics. You could say it is one of my favorite passtimes. I tend to surround myself with people that also like to debate. I find it a fun way to get to know the individual, and a way for both of us to experience intellectual conversation. Sometimes, I make the mistake of bringing up the wrong subject with the wrong person. Not everyone is open minded on most subjects and can be very insulted when contradicted with their beliefs.

No comments:

Post a Comment